Salmon with Mango and Avocado Salsa
This light and delicious entrée featuring salmon, seasonings and mango avocado salsa is bursting with flavor. With a little prep and a cedar plank found at your local market to place the salmon on, it’s ready to cook on the grill. Enjoy with a salad or vegetable for a healthy and satisfying meal that’s anything but boring!
- Cedar plank (found at local grocery store)
- 1 pound salmon (preferably wild)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon California style lemon pepper
- Soak cedar plan for minimum of 2 hours to prevent plank catching on fire on the grill.
- Prreheat gas grill to 375°.Rub salmon with oil and season with lemon pepper.
- Place salmon filet on cedar plank and place cedar plank on grill.
- Cook salmon for 15-19 minutes. While salmon is cooking, in medium bowl prepare salsa.Combine mango, garlic, cilantro, red onion, salt, jalapeño, avocado and lime juice. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Top grilled salmon with mango avocado salsa.
Mango Avocado Salsa:
- ½ cup fresh mango, diced in small chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons, red onion, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ½ jalapeño, deseeded and chopped
- ½ large avocado, diced in small chunks
- Juice of 1 lime
Nutritional Information for: 4-ounce salmon with ¼ cup mango avocado salsa:
Calories: 236; Fat: 12 grams; Total Carbs: 6 grams; Fiber: 2 grams; Sodium: 277 milligrams; Protein: 25 grams